From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to show alarms in alarm and event view window

Hello Friends,

I have a project where I used shared variables to read data from the PLC and I also configure some alarms for that which shows on the alarm and event view window.

Now I want to also show and log alarms for data that is not a shared variable.

LabVIEW read one byte of data from PLC which has a fault code and according to the fault code, I want the fault to display in the same alarms and event window where shared variable alarms show.

the fault code and alarm description are saved in an Excel file.

The picture is attached for reference.

Please guide me on how can i set an alarm and log the fault depending on the code read from PLC.

Regards

Asif 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(537 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

Hello Friends,

I have a project where I used shared variables to read data from the PLC and I also configure some alarms for that which shows on the alarm and event view window.

Now I want to also show and log alarms for data that is not a shared variable.

LabVIEW read one byte of data from PLC which has a fault code and according to the fault code, I want the fault to display in the same alarms and event window where shared variable alarms show.

the fault code and alarm description are saved in an Excel file.

The picture is attached for reference.

Please guide me on how can i set an alarm and log the fault depending on the code read from PLC.

Regards

Asif 

Read the Excel data as 2D array and [FaultCode][Alarm], Search for 1D [Fault code] array for fault code and use the Index of 1D [Fault code] array and Get the alarm for respective fault code.

IMHO: Its always better to try from your end and post the same to get suggestions from other LabVIEW Experts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(528 Views)