From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set buffer size ?

Hallo

I am use DaqBoard/2001.  in the manual of this DAQ, note that for analog acquisition i need to configure DMA, and  i need to set buffer size.

1) what is the "rule of thumb" for calculte buffer size (i have 8 differential analog inputs to the daq)

2) how i can tell to labview and to windows, to "ignore" from particular section in the RAM ( i need to do it beacuse i don't want that labview  
    or some windows programs will write to this RAM section, becuse it use as buffer)

with best regard,
pro111
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,747 Views)
someone ? 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,711 Views)

What's a DAQboard/2001? It's not an NI board so how you set the buffer size is unknown to me. With an NI board and DAQmx, the buffer size is done automatically and for finite sampling, it's samples per second times the number of channels.

You shouldn't have to do anything to reserve any memory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,703 Views)
A DAQboard is an IOtech device. I use a DAQbook in one of my programs.

You set the buffer size by calling Acquisition Scan Configuration.vi, assuming you've downloaded the IOtech enhanced LabVIEW drivers. The buffer size input to this VI is in number of scans. There's no real rule to the size you should use. Just set it to a size that's big enough to hold as many scans as you will need buffered before you read them. For example, If the board is set up to sample at 100 Hz and you read the buffer once a second, make sure the buffer is at least 100 scans.

As far as your other question, like Dennis said, you don't have to do anything to reserve the memory. The operating system will take care of it for you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,693 Views)