LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save multiple sheets in excel to a pdf in labview

Hi,

I am having one xl with three sheet, i want to create pdf from that excel.

I tried and i am getting pdf with single sheet only.

I want pdf with all three sheet.

How to od that?

Please suggest the possible ways.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,294 Views)

Strange way: save all pages on different PDF and  Concatenate PDF files with Exaprom iTextSharp

Difficult way:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,270 Views)

What you need to be able to do is to select "Print Entire Workbook" in the Print options.  However, the Report Generator's Print Report function doesn't seem to include this possibility.  Maybe there is a way to set this with ActiveX (a technology that Microsoft seems to be abandoning) ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,248 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

What you need to be able to do is to select "Print Entire Workbook" in the Print options.  However, the Report Generator's Print Report function doesn't seem to include this possibility.  Maybe there is a way to set this with ActiveX (a technology that Microsoft seems to be abandoning) ...

Bob Schor

I abandoned ActiveX years ago, after spending weeks with National Instruments trying to get one of their own ActiveX examples to work reliably across several target machines.

There are just too may subtle differences in Windows, Office, and ActiveX that can cause a program that runs fine on one PC to crash on another. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,224 Views)

RTSLVU (how do you pronounce that, anyway?),

I completely agree with you.  Before NI introduced the Report Object version of the RGT, I struggled with the version that shipped with LabVIEW 7, which was slooooooowwwww.  In desperation, I "learned" enough ActiveX to do simple things (much faster), but was so glad when NI introduced Report Objects and functions that "do most of what you need" without needing ActiveX.

There was a suggestion to print three PDFs using LabVIEW and the RGT, then combine them with some other code.  There's a "switch" (setting?) in the Print setup that allows you to print All Sheets, but the RGT Print routine doesn't seem to have a "hook" to turn that on.  I don't know if (or how to) there is an ActiveX "way", but I agree it will be messy and uncertain.

I wonder -- can one write an Excel Macro to do this?  I think there is a way to define and run a Macro using the RGT.  The question for the Original Poster is --- do you think it is worth the Effort?  If you do manage to figure it out, be sure to document it, as (a) you'll forget three months after you do it how you did it, and (b) someone just looking at your (undocumented) code is going to have a difficult time figuring out what, and why, you are doing what you are doing.

Bob Schor

"A Fool's  Errand and His Money Are Soon Parted"  [I just made that up -- I have no idea what it means ...]

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,181 Views)