LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save file in DAT format in labview?

I cannot save the file into the DAT format. I can only save into text, TDMS, and binary format. I don't know how to save the file in the DAT file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,644 Views)

could you please share with me how do you save the file in DAT format?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(2,620 Views)

Hello Prabesh,

what is the DAT format. What is its structure and what data should it contain?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,613 Views)

.DAT isn't well defined.

But it's a binary file, so any file you use Write binary functions and call .DAT is technically a DAT-file ...

In your case i assume you'll have to adhere to some data format, so do that. 😉

(What's the format definition?)

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 21
(2,600 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

.DAT isn't well defined.

But it's a binary file, so any file you use Write binary functions and call .DAT is technically a DAT-file ...

In your case i assume you'll have to adhere to some data format, so do that. 😉

(What's the format definition?)

.DAT is not necessarily binary. I've seen lots of .dat files that were just plain text files (tab delimited, space delimited, etc.).

.DAT is definitely not well defined, and prabesh99 needs to give us more specific details about the format that is needed in order to get more specific help.

Message 5 of 21
(2,587 Views)

@johntrich1971 wrote:

.DAT is not necessarily binary. I've seen lots of .dat files that were just plain text files (tab delimited, space delimited, etc.).

.DAT is definitely not well defined, and prabesh99 needs to give us more specific details about the format that is needed in order to get more specific help.

You're right! I've seen that too, come to Think about it! So yeah, whatever the program maker wants to call a data-file often ends up with a .dat extension.

My Point still stands, though. 😄

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 6 of 21
(2,585 Views)

I am sorry for making confusion. actually I need a file in the DAT extension.

Thank you for your concern.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,553 Views)

I am measuring the Power by using the Thorlabs Power meter. Then I make a waveform of Power and Time. Now I need to save these data in the DAT extension. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,550 Views)

You are going to have to give us more information. As we’ve already told you the .dat extension could be any kind of file. We can’t tell you how to do it if we don’t have the actual da5a format. Is it a plain text file? If so how do you want the data in the file.Is it some proprietary binary format? .dat is just an extension that can mean anything.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,547 Views)

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I need a file in the DAT extension. But I don't know how to save in plain text also. Could you please tell me how to save the file in plain text? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,543 Views)