LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save data in labview 2009

Solved!
Go to solution

I need a botton or a path to save the data. What I have done is that it can save data, but every time after I running the program, it will pop out a dialog to save the data. What I want to do is that using a botton that I can save the data only if I want to save it. Meanwhile, in this program, I have to assign a path before running if I want to save the data. Thanks for answering this question for me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,452 Views)

You need to select your file path before you run your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,436 Views)

Yes, I want to save the data after I running the program, do you know how to do it? Thanks so much for you attention.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,425 Views)

You are saving the data. If you want the option to not save, place a case structure around the Write to Spreadsheet File.

p.s. Do you know you are throwing away all timing information and cannot reconstruct the waveforms?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,418 Views)

Actually, I want to see the diagram first, and then decide whether to save the data. i do not know whether there are others ways to save the data other than write to spreadsheet?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,386 Views)

Do you mean you want to see the graph first? The diagram is the code. To look at the graph, just place the print/case statement inside a loop.

You can use any of the functions on the file i/o palette. You can also save to Excel, Word, a database, etc, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,380 Views)

Dear Dennis,

What you mentioned above is exactly what I want to do. While I do not know how to place the print/case statement inside a loop. What is print/case statement. Could you show me this loop in a VI. Thanks so much for your kind help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,370 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Perry_Liu

You really need to spend some time first with the basic tutorials.

Drop a while loop on a diagram. Place a case statement inside the loop. Place a Write to Spreadsheet inside the true case. Right click on the case structure's selector terminal (the '?') and select Create>Control. Right click on the while loop's conditional terminal and select Create>Control.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,361 Views)

Dear Dennis,

Thanks so much for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,355 Views)

Wow, thanks so much, I have spend two days on this and you help me to solve it. Thanks so much, and I have another minor problem. I do not know how to creat a start button. When I push it, it will run, instead of pushing the small run button on the top of the front pannel. Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,348 Views)