LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to plot values on z-axis keeping x-axis and y-axis values constant.

Hello Friends,

I was just searching to plot on a 3d Graph but my requirements are that I have a fixed position for the x-axis (3 to 15) and also fixed values for the y-axis (A to G) . Actually X and Y axis in my case is a label that should be on the x and y-axis. and on that position the values of the z-axis will be plotted.

Please see my attached table to understand more if and need any help, please.

Regards

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,318 Views)

Thank you for the figure -- it appears to (very strongly) resemble an Excel Worksheet, down to the labeling of Columns as A .. H and Rows as 1..15, shading of cells ("Y" cells in a shade of green, "Z" cells in a shade of tan).  But this appears to be a very strange way of doing things.  I took the liberty of opening Excel and putting your values in an Excel Worksheet, with Column labels 3, 5, ... 15 and  Row labels A .. G, coloring them both Yellow (since they are only "labels") and putting the values in light blue.  This is a simple 2 x 2 table with row and column labels.  If you want fancy coloring, LabVIEW has the Report Generation Toolkit that you can use to create this Excel worksheet, or you can use LabVIEW Tables and skip some of the fancy formatting.  No need for a Z axis.

Excel Data Arrangement.png

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,300 Views)

To graph gridded data, you could use an intensity graph where z maps to a color scale. However, you can only have numeric axis markers (as define by offset and multiplier. Th offset for the x would be 3 in your case). If the axis are fixed, you can use free labels for the  alphabetic axis. Similarly, there are also 3D graphs. You could even make your own from scratch using a plain picture indicator.

Instead of showing a picture of what you have, show us a picture of the graph you want. Also feel free to attach a typical dataset.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,281 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion and comments,

Please consider attached x,y and z axis space and I want to plot value of z axis where x and y axis plane intercept but x and y plan label should be like 

X= 3,5,7 to 15 and Y= A,B,C to G.

I hope i make it clear.

Thanks

asif

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,273 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

I hope i make it clear.

Not really. Now we know that you want a 3D graph, but we still don't know what kind (Scatter? Surface? Something else?) and you still have not attach a typical dataset.

As we already said, you cannot have text labels for the scales (vote for this!), so you need to substitute numerics (e.g. A=1, B=2, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,269 Views)

ok, i can assume numbers instead of text on the x and y-axis.

I want simple Bar chat.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,262 Views)

So we're you able to do what you want now?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,253 Views)

I can not change the label in the example of the 3d Graph

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,120 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

I can not change the label in the example of the 3d Graph

Why not? What "label" (graph? axis? plot? etc.)?

Which "example"? Which 3D graph?

Attach your vi and we'll show you how.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,099 Views)