LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make excel format report uneditable directly through code

Dear sir,

in my application i have given option to save product report in Excel format to the Harddisk.
It saves report in Excel format. I want this report passward protected for editing. Nobody should edit containt of report
without password, he should only able to see the report saved in Excel format.
    Please tell me how i can do above with labview software.
  I m waiting for reply

regard
Rajendra
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,138 Views)

Hello gaikwadre,

Here is a VI that should do what you want to do.  I used the Report Generation toolkit.  At the save report.vi I added a password.  The person can look at the file in a read only, but can't make changes with out the password.  Please let me know if this works.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,126 Views)

thanks you!

i got my solution.

regards

rajendra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,114 Views)
Dear sir,

I want to access and edit the table of database(.mdb) file through Labview and it should save.
please tell me how i can do it.
i am waiting for reply.

regards
Rajendra
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,107 Views)

Hello Rajendra,

There are a few ways you can open and edit an Access database.  This link describes those methods and provides a simple example.  The easiest way to do this is to use the Database Connectivity Toolkit.

Regards,

Clint Meyer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,094 Views)
Connecting to Access (Jet actually) through LabVIEW is very easy and doesn't require the purchase of anything. See the code attached to this message. It includes drivers for connecting to a database, documentation on the drivers and a description of the basics of database utilization - using Access as the test case.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,073 Views)