From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User selected plots

I have a requirement to let the user select one or many of 8 different plots. Mostly he or she will select around 3 or 4 from the list.

I am running the whole machine code inside of a 50ms timed loop. Each of the selected plot will have its Y-Scale Max, Y-Scale Min and Interval dynamically loaded as and when the user selects  it to "show".

I have attached a small VI that does this for two plots and inside a "slow" timed loop running at 500ms. .

My query : Since property nodes inside timed loops hog CPU time very badly , is this an elegant way as I have done it ? ( I will need to check the user request for 8 such plots and thus there are going to be lots of property nodes to update ) Any other better option there ?

I think ideally I should write to the relevant property nodes ONLY ONCE when the user  decides to either show or hide the plot ? But how to do this inside a timed loop ???

Raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,450 Views)
search listboxes in the examples. Then open listbox to select multiple waveforms demo.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,442 Views)
I think the attached solution is far better than the one I posted first ?

Raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,432 Views)
First of all, this interface should be event driven. Each time the operator changes the selection in the listbox, the data going to the display updates.

Second, I think you need to separate this application into the logic that is displaying the dataplots, and the logic that is accumulating the datapoints for the plots. As your code is currently written it continues creating data elements in the graph whether the associated switch is turned on or not. But if the switch is off the datapoint is 'NaN' which doesn't appear on the plot. Is this the desired behavior?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,402 Views)