LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle error created by cancel file dialog?

Solved!
Go to solution

JoeLabView wrote:
You know what SS,  I never saw your file until you just mentionned it..  😮

That's because his signature is centered.  Everything after the signature winds up getting centered as well.

I would recommend putting in a <  / center >   (spaces added so it won't act like html in this message) at the end of his signature so that the centering of the signature gets turned off at the end and allows the attachments to be left justified like normal.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,594 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
"You've probably got automatic error handling turned on."

Nope it's turned off see below...and it's not my .vi it's an example straight out of LabVIEWSmiley Wink  Just cut out all the extra stuff because I rember having the same issue as the original poster.  I will handle it as you stated but it is curious behavior.

Sniff...Sniff...I think I smell a bug...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,591 Views)

Ravens Fan,

I made the change and now my signature has a "_" before the attachment.  I can't figure out how to get rid of itSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,574 Views)

Yep... it was because it of being centered.

SS, your underscore is a link to CLAD http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/14438

R

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,564 Views)

ShotSimon wrote:

Ravens Fan,

I made the change and now my signature has a "_" before the attachment.  I can't figure out how to get rid of itSmiley Very Happy

I've noticed that on my signatures as well, I commented on it sometime recently.  The conversation about this started here.  I kind of stole the code for the signature from someone else who posted who had also recently passed the CLAD.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley WinkSmiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,558 Views)

ShotSimon wrote:
Nope it's turned off see below...and it's not my .vi it's an example straight out of LabVIEWSmiley Wink 
I don't quite see the confusion. You don't see an error BECAUSE you have automatic error handling disabled.

If you enable automatic error handling, you get a popup whenever an error occurs where the error output is not wired up
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,540 Views)

Altenbach,

Nope I disagree,  you see the confusion quite clearlySmiley Wink...SS is not so good at error handling logicSmiley Very Happy  Thanks for clearing things up for me.

I have a side question since I currently don't have LabVIEW with me at home.  If you were to put two of these on a front panel will LabVIEW only handle the last error in a sense chaining the error messages.  I seem to recall when two were on the screen only one error out when you hit the cancel dialog twice?

Regards,

-SS

Message Edited by ShotSimon on 07-26-2008 04:42 AM

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,530 Views)

Got it...

So basically...put the error handeling in the canceled True case...and put the operable code in the canceled False case.

Thanks...once again I was overthinking things.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,499 Views)

Hi, 

I am developing a small app and I was checking this topic.

I went around the problem by using Clear Errors.vi

I think it is the quickest way to simply null the specific 43 error

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,849 Views)

FabrizioDonnarumma wrote:

I am developing a small app and I was checking this topic.

I went around the problem by using Clear Errors.vi

I think it is the quickest way to simply null the specific 43 error

Well, this is typically not a viable solution, for example if you are trying to read from or write to a file, and none is actually selected, the read operation will error out later. You actually want to skip all subsequent file IO if the dialog is canceled (e.g. using a case structure).

Your solution works only in a very small subset of scenarios.

Also, "clear errors" clear everything. Maybe there is a different error coming from upstream that is inportant.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,843 Views)