From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get smooth data

My reply #2 mentioned the same points at Altenbach's most recent reply #10.  I think the OP is waiting for us to hand him the solution, rather than his doing the work (or maybe I'm just getting cynical ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,237 Views)

Hi all, 

So i get rid of all DDT and made code  easiest at in can be. 

Still have problem witch filter it looks like is scaling my value, don't know why. 

Co question is where is the problem ? myby filter do not like negative value ?

image.pngimage.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,224 Views)

Hi pablo,

made code  easiest at in can be. 

No.

See this:

check.png

Read a fixed amount of samples.

Set a reasonable lower cutoff frequency!

You still need to improve this VI as it is not recommended to collect (large) data in evergrowing arrays…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,219 Views)

For continuous recording, it often makes more sense to use a Chart instead of a Graph.  A Graph shows a fixed amount of data, from the beginning of the data.  A Chart also shows a fixed amount of data, but from the end of the data.  Thus if your Graph and Chart were 5 seconds wide, and you were sampling data at, say, 1kHz, both the Chart and Graph would show a plot starting at the left and moving to the right for the first 5 seconds.  After that, the Graph wouldn't change, but the Chart would, depending on its "mode".  The default "Strip Chart" mode would have the points slide to the left, with the most recent data appearing on the right.  There is also a "Scope" mode where it looks like an Oscilloscope, the new points "sweeping" from left to right like an oscilloscope.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,214 Views)

HI GerdW

How did You manage to make this connection? is not working for me. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,191 Views)

right-click...concatenate inputs

ConDogenate.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,189 Views)

still not working ...

Edit:

I figured it out

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,176 Views)

Because your shift register is still defined as 2D array. You cannot concatenate if the two inputs have different dimensionalities.

To fix, temporarily wire a empty 1D array to the shift register from the outside, then set the "build array" to concatenate and things should clear up (There are many other ways to fix it)

ConDogenate2.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,168 Views)