From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate 3 bit digital signal using

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to generat 3 bit digital signal using 9403 digital module and cRIO 9014.I have to generate all the combinations from 000 to 111.So i have to give boolean constant either true or false to output module 9403.I am not gettimg how to incrase step value from 000 to 001 and so on..Should i use shift register??

I know how to use shift register for integer value bt i dont hv any idae about boolean value.

hoping for solution....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,367 Views)

Try this simple example.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,362 Views)

Thank u.

But is it neccessary to use DAQmx ?? Is it possiple without DAQmx??becoz i hv to use digital output module in FPGA  VI...

And have to use generated signal in HOST VI...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,352 Views)

Yes you can do this with FPGA.  You might not need to use a shift register at all.

EDIT - You can use shift registers to store any data type if needs be

- Do you want the values to change at a given period or from a user input?

- After you ramp 0-7; do you want to stop generating, continue or set a safe state (0,0,0)?

Dennis' example is taking advantage of the fact that a number is binary.  So in the U8 - 0 is 000, 1 is 001 and so on.  As you only have 8 variables you could initialise a boolean array of all of the combinations, or you could convert the numeric to its binary equivalent to write to the 3 FPGA outputs.

For cRIO applications the CompactRIO Developers Guide shows how to communicate between Host - RT - FPGA.  You should get some more ideas from there Smiley Happy

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,344 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author amruta1

Here is a little example which uses the Number to Boolean Array function.  The Numeric indicator has it's display formatting set to binary (%b).

BD - Numeric Boolean Comparision.png

FP - Numeric Boolean Comparision.png

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,340 Views)