LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix the error These cannot be wired together because their data types

we are trying to code a wheel base for first robotics and keep getting error 

These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required.
The type of the source is 2D array of
NI_Robotics_Mecanum Wheel.lvclass [LabVIEW Class].
The type of the sink is typedef 'Mecanum Wheel Group.ctl'
cluster of 4 elements.

if you could help us that would be great 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,758 Views)

The type of the source is 2D array of NI_Robotics_Mecanum Wheel.lvclass [LabVIEW Class].
The type of the sink is typedef 'Mecanum Wheel Group.ctl' cluster of 4 elements.

Your Source is a LabVIEW Class, an "Object" that might contain, within it, "Wheels" (I'm guessing, since I haven't actually examined the Class and the Wheel Group Control).  You might check to see if there is something that allows you to access the Properties of the Class (maybe "Get Wheel Class"?) -- you basically need something that looks like a VI that takes your Class as an Input and gives you a Mecanum Wheel Group as an Output.

I presume you are working from some "starting code", inside a LabVIEW Project.  Try to find the NI_Robotics_Mechanum Wheel Class in the Project, look "inside" it, and see if the accessor VI you need is there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,691 Views)

You should also stick to the FRC forum. The functions you are using are unique to that and not many people here would be using them. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,681 Views)

The FRC forum that Dennis mentioned is at https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc?view=discussions When you post there, please also include either your VI (as an attachment) or a screenshot showing the functions that you are trying to connect. The error you're seeing is because you are trying to connect two functions that were not designed to be connected together, and with more information someone might be able to tell you the correct functions to use.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,666 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

You should also stick to the FRC forum. The functions you are using are unique to that and not many people here would be using them. 

The functions mentioned in this thread are part of the LabVIEW Robotics Module, which is not limited to FRC.  This is the appropriate place to post this question.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,608 Views)

@marysville wrote:

we are trying to code a wheel base for first robotics and keep getting error 

These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required.
The type of the source is 2D array of
NI_Robotics_Mecanum Wheel.lvclass [LabVIEW Class].
The type of the sink is typedef 'Mecanum Wheel Group.ctl'
cluster of 4 elements.

if you could help us that would be great 

Thank you.

Hi marysville,

I assume you are trying to connect this wire to the "Create Mecanum Steering Frame" VI.  The input terminal of this VI is a cluster of four Mecanum Wheel objects.  The objects should be bundled together in the cluster in the order of {Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right}.  If you have four wires, one for each wheel object, then you can use LabVIEW's "Bundle" function to create the cluster.  See these shpping examples for a refence on how to create a mecanum steering frame:

<LabVIEW 20xx>\examples\robotics\Steering\Mecanum Steering\Mecanum Steering.vi

<LabVIEW 20xx>\examples\robotics\Steering\3D Mecanum Robot\3D Mecanum Robot.vi

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,594 Views)

Sorry deleted

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,586 Views)