From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find thermocouple type progromatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

Is there a way to progromatically get the channels set thermocouple type? I ask becasue i want to write the thermocouple type in my tdms log.  I assume if possible it is a property node function, but i cant find it.

Thanks for any advice.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,882 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolleee

The property node you are looking for is the Analog Input:Temperature:Thermocouple:Type in the DAQmx Channel Property Node. If you cannot find it, it may be because it is a Device-specific property, thus you should configure the filter setting of the property node to show all attributes or select your specific device which supports a thermocouple input

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,862 Views)

When you write this to your TDMS file be sure and write it as a property of the channel you are logging, you don't need to log it as a new channel.  Basically values that don't change, and are a single value should be a property, things that have multiple samples should be a channel.  I've seen too many people try to write properties as channels and end up with huge files that Diadem can't do much with.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,851 Views)

Thank you for the advice and hooovaahh im working on that portion of the code.

If you i have different thermocoupl types in the same task how would i get the thermocouple type for each one?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,828 Views)
You would have an array of channels that you would use the property node on each.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,806 Views)