From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find out port number FOR tcp/ip

Hi

Iam trying to connect ADAM module with my PC through TCP/IP in labview.For this i need the IP address and PORT NUMBER.

Iam connecting the device over ethernet you need to specify an ip and a port of the machine you wish to talk to  both of these values are require.

I found the ip address but iam not able find the port number of the pc.I tried 3363 which is default in lab view but no success.

Please help me out how to find the port number of individual PC's so that i can continue with TCP/IP.

I NEED TO KNOW HOW THE PORT NUMBER IS FOUND OUT.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.IT'S URGENT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,529 Views)

Even if you know the port, you still don't know the communication specs. What exactly are you trying to do?

What prevents you from simply using the adam.net tools?

What is the exact model number of your device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,517 Views)

Hi

I have adam 6017 module which gives 4 to 20 ma output that through ethernet i have connected to my pc.I want to get the data on lab view using tcp/ip for which i need the ip address and port number

Please help me out how to find the port number of pc

regards

ekanth

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,498 Views)

I googled adam 6017 port and got Send ASCII command to ADAM-6017 with Python as my first hit.  Seems that ports are not very well documented.  Read that thread for more information.  Is there a reason you can't use the .NET tools provided?  Or do they require the port numbers too?

A

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,491 Views)