LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extract rgb components from image and add noise to each channel

i was wondering if anyone knew how to add noise to specific (r, g, or b) values in an image.
i'm trying to use the color to rgb.vi but to no avail. maybe i'm doing something wrong.
any help is much appreciated.
thanks
dee.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,708 Views)
Hello,

I'm quite sure of what you're trying to do.

First tell two things:

- Do you've labview 8.2 (so that I can send you an example);
 - You wanna add noise if the value of RGB it is between a range of values. If the current value it's between (0,0,0) and (20,20,20) you are going to add some noise. It's something like this?

Best regards

Jorge Amaral
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,700 Views)

hey Jorge...

i appreciate the quick response. the version of labview that i have is 8.0. im sure it should be compatible.

what you suggested is actually a good idea. but im trying to build a front panel that allows a user to corrupt (add noise) to either the R, G or B channel and also have an option of what kind of noise will be used (gaussian, poisson, random) etc.

thanks again!

dee.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,696 Views)
In attach it's an example of the method that i'de used to do what I think that you want.

Regards,

Jorge Amaral
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,682 Views)
The code of whant I've said it'0s in attach
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,677 Views)
wow the jpeg seems quite simple. but you're right. i cant open your vi since im missing some files so i guess there are some big differences in 8.2 and 8.0. actually no i just figured out ur using imaq vi's which i dont have. but what i cant understand is that im using a read jpeg file and sending it to an unbundle. from there im trying to use this color to rgb.vi. Is this vi absolutely useless and i'll just stick to decimate 1d array to obtain my rgb or can i actually use this color to rgb in some way? thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,670 Views)

Hi dee,

You have the right idea. However, you should use a different image data 2D array for your input to the Colors to RGB VI. Take a look at the attached VI (it's version 8.0). Reading the Help files for those VIs will make things clearer.

Hope that helps!

Message Edited by Kalin T on 11-29-2006 06:58 PM

Kalin T.
Message 7 of 8
(4,650 Views)
thanks Kalin
that really works out. i was using the decimate function (which works too) but this works as well!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,639 Views)