Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dynamic create Splitter Bars

just like  this  user interface
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,336 Views)
I'm confused by the title of this question. What is it that you want to do dynamically?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,313 Views)
You can programmatically control the splitter bars on your front panel using property nodes, but I haven't seen any method to create it, because splitter bars has no methods at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,306 Views)
Splitter bars allow you to split the FP in several parts with their own scoll bars. They appeared with LV8. See here for more info and search the index of the LV help for splitter bars if you run LV8 or later. There is also an example in ..\LabVIEW 8.X\examples\general\controls\splitter.llb.

Confusion gone ?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,297 Views)
The confusion is still there. The sources you cite don't tell me how I can dynamically create splitters. Unless I missed it.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
Message 5 of 18
(4,288 Views)

the problem is continue.

and what i  want is i want to put the contorl  on front panel dynamic,

another method is dynamic show / hide / move the controls ,  and how to drag the control ( chart,graph ) is a difficult problem
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,275 Views)
You can't dynamically create a splitter bar (or any control for that matter). In terms of the properties that you have to play with, either refer to the documentation that has already been cited, or plop one down and check-out it's property node.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 7 of 18
(4,260 Views)
I'm confused by the title of this question. What is it that you want to do dynamically?

Hi Michael,

May be I'm wrong (
as you can notice my mother tongue is not English) but my interpretation of Mike's question is "What are splitter bars ?" and not "How can I dynamically add a splitter bar to a FP ?" Only Mike could confirm if this was his original question...

Unfortunately, I don't know how to create a splitter bar
programatically, and even more, I'm afraid that this is not possible. So my aim was only to answer to what seemed to be the source of Mike's confusion.

This being said, I hope that Mike's and your confusion left !

Message Edité par JB le 05-29-2007 02:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,253 Views)

Unfortunately, I don't know how to create a splitter bar programatically, and even more, I'm afraid that this is not possible.
Ya, I think we're all confused here since the the op (original poster) is still not clarifying what he wants to do really.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,237 Views)
We can't create any controls dynamically/programatically. We can't even pop-up property nodes from splitter bars. You need to identify all splitter bars from the VI class property node. I tried programmatically controlling the position of one splitter bar only, I think there's no way to hide it. I attached a code just to show the properties of the splitters.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,213 Views)