LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to draw phasor diagram with multiple phasors

Hi labview forum,

I would like to plot say a vector of phasors on a phasor diagram, (similar to matlab's compass function).

In another question early last year, someone posed a begining of a solution here:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=169594&query.id=87161#M169594

Has anyone made any progress on this problem?

I have tried to build on the given VI but haven't succeeded.  See attached.

The main issues are I don't understand the expected format of the input data and why I can't alter it.
Also, when you manually drag the diagram to resize it, the picture contents remains the same size instead of resizing also.  How can the picture size be adjusted (manually or programatically)?

Regards,
Jamie
Using Labview version 8.0
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,594 Views)
Hello,

I'm not sure if further progress has been made on that VI.

You can use the DrawAreaSize property in a property node to change the size of the picture control programmatically, but this will not scale the size of the objects inside.

You need to actually draw the objects if you want them to be a different size - you could monitor the size programmatically and redraw accordingly, but you will have to program that functionality.

Best Regards,

JLS

Message Edited by JLS on 01-11-2007 01:32 PM

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,567 Views)
You might be able to save some work resizing the image by using the Picture Control's built-in zoom functionality. Use an event structure case to keep track of when the Front Panel resizes. If it does and your picture control is set to resize with it, then you can zoom your picture control according to its new size ratio. Here's a simple and very incomplete example. Hope this helps!
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,561 Views)

Hello everyone, i am trying to measure the three phase voltage and current in LabView. However i manage to do that , but how do i see the three phase voltage and current in phasor diagram in Labview?? 

I am new in LabView.If you could help me that would be great!!!

Thank you.

Atiqhsb

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,279 Views)

Hi Atiqhsb,

Thanks for posting your question! This thread is from 2007 so I'd recommend creating a new post to get more visibility. You can include your question and any other details you have.

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,261 Views)