LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub vi quits when stopped

Hello everyone,

I have a main code that calls some sub vi's using reference. The sub vi opens properly and works just fine.

When I press stop on the front panel in the exe, the sub vi is supposed to just stop and not close its front panel as there is no such code inside the sub vi. But the front panel still closes. This does not happen if I run the code (the vi) on the same computer. I guess there must be some settings I need to do when I create the exe. I have used LabVIEW 2014 64bit on windows 10, 64 bit.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,103 Views)

Share the code Module for Reference.

Mean While "Check the VI Properties--->Window appearance--->Cutomize and Uncheck Close Front panel if originally Closed".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,089 Views)

A stopped VI (i.e. edit mode) makes no sense for an executable. Create a proper state machine instead and place the caller into an idle state instead of stopping it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,061 Views)