LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do this program?

Hi all.

I would like some help on how to create a program.  Im still very new to the Labview program so any help would be greatful.

Now granted that, heres my issue, ive got an assignment for a class that i have no idea where to start.

Heres the assignment:

You have a discount coupon that gives you a ten cent per gallon discount up to 15 gallons.

You purchase regular gas which is priced at $3.56 a gallon, you give the clerk $30.00 to purchase that much in gas.  After applying the discount, how much would you actually have to pay?

For the controls and indicators, i need to show the Amount Tendered, the Discount, Gallons purchased, the Final Price and Discount Amount.

As ive said above, i have no idea where to start with this.

THanks all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(3,217 Views)

@lorddd337 wrote:

As ive said above, i have no idea where to start with this.

I asusme you have the math worked out, so all you need to to is create a VI.

I recommend to start with the tutorials?

(I doubt that you are required to apply any knowledge that was not mentioned in class, so go through your class notes too.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(3,215 Views)

Actually i dont have the math worked out as of yet since i have no idea how to do the math that will apply to the program.

Also i dont know which tutorial would work for this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(3,209 Views)

@lorddd337 wrote:

Actually i dont have the math worked out as of yet since i have no idea how to do the math that will apply to the program.

That is math I could have done in high school.

@lorddd337 wrote:

You have learnt nothing in class?  Skipping class?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(3,198 Views)

@lorddd337 wrote:

Then you need to work out the math first. This has nothing to do with LabVIEW or programming.

For each terminal, decide if it is an input (something the user controls) or an output (something the program will calculate based on the values of the other controls). Have you done that?

@lorddd337 wrote:

Whatever you just learned in class is probably sufficient. Else start the tutorials in order to learn the basics.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(3,192 Views)

Step 1: Identify the controls and indicators you need (place them on the front panel).  These will be connected to the math operations you create on the block diagram.

Step 2: Do the problem on paper (basic mutliplication and addition), then you can think about how to make labview do it.

Step 3: Wire the controls to the math function inputs and wire the outputs to the indicators.

For this type of program you could get away with pretty basic stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(3,177 Views)

Thanks all.

Ill look into it and see if i can get this thing to work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(3,156 Views)

Don't get discouraged.  If you get stuck (once you've made some progress following the advice already given) come back, show what you've done and explain what you've tried and what's puzzling you.  You'll get plenty of help, but remember that the forum helps those who help themselves.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,150 Views)

This sounds like a fun first project!  Just tough enough to be a worthy introduction to LV.  I'll be monitoring this thread in the hopes that I (along with everyone else) can help you along when you need it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,146 Views)

Labview.png

Hi all.

Im back again this time with how i think i can do this.

Now the math came out like this:

Final Price = Amount Tendered - ( Amount per Gallon x No. Gallons)

What im having trouble with, is how to include the Discounted price when it goes above the limit to be included into this program.

Ive got the math figured out, now i need to figure out how to include all this together.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,092 Views)