LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display data receive from arduino in labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

hi .I am a beginner in LabView. i read forum discussions to find some solution to my project .

my project is about wireless transmit & receive voltage value .The data receive should appear in lab view not in the serial monitor arduino.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author imtheperson97

Hi person97,

.I am a beginner in LabView.

Do you know this website?

i read forum discussions to find some solution to my project .

Well, LabVIEW also comes with a huge library of example VIs. There are also examples on serial communication…

The data receive should appear in lab view not in the serial monitor arduino.

First point: switch off the serial monitor. (There can be only one accessing a serial port!)

Then: when trying to read just one byte from the port you will never read the whole message of your Arduino.

- As you include some EOL chars ("End of line") in the message sent by the Arduino "Serial.PrintLn") you should try to read a "big" number of bytes (like "99"): VISARead will automatically stop at the EOL char as you have configured this behaviour with the ConfigureSerialPort function.

- Setting a timeout of 100s is senseless: in case of a problem you do NOT want to wait for your program to react on your inputs for nearly 2mins! Set a shorter (reasonable) timeout - and handle timeout errors in your code!

But then again: start with the example VIs coming with LabVIEW. (A note on them: they use the BytesAtPort function: please don't use this function for your task. It will not help you here and you don't need it!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(4,981 Views)

What's the problem in your program?

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,979 Views)

the problem is i just want the labview to receive voltage signal by wireless and display value in waveform. like exactly the same like oscilloscope .Smiley Indifferent . i need a proper guide how to works this out Robot Sad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,944 Views)

thanks for the good informationSmiley Happy. i will think it wisely Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,936 Views)

Arduino D1 WeMos with LabView

Hey,
I want to build a project that gets information from the "Temp102" sensor connected to the D1 WeMos Board.
This board sends the information received from the sensor via WiFi.
I want this information that sends to the computer that has the LabView software and it will display the temperature in a termometer.
I have a program that I found in one of the sites that does what I want but with one problem!
The program is written for module Esp8266, which is connected to board Arduino Uno and therefore has different classics.
I need help converting the classics of module ESP8266 to relevant classes for Board D1 WeMos (This board has ESP8266 but it is built-in so there is no need to set it up in the program).

It's important to note that I tried to change it and make a "mix" but without success.

I would be happy if someone could check in the program what should be changed, which orders should be replaced?
(I believe it's 2 minutes work for anyone who knows)

Thank you very much for your help !
I appreciate you very much !!

I attached the programs (for arduino and for labview).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,866 Views)