Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create user event

hi,

why and how to user user create event.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,518 Views)

Hope you need to provide more information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 7
(5,517 Views)
You can check out this help for creating and using user events:
https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvhowto/creating_user_events/
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,515 Views)

hi,

i don't know to use user create event and may i know about what is difference between normal event structure and user created evnent structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,475 Views)

hi

have you tried dynamic event generation.vi in labview examples.

regards

V.senthil kumar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,466 Views)

Event Structure has two types to register for events to listen:

Static For User Interface events (For e.g., Control Indicator changes) and Dynamic For User generated events(For e.g., You can generate an event when you met certain condition)

Please go through below link for more details: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/using_events_in_labview/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,465 Views)

I use User Events all the time.  You can register for an event and then listen for that event with an Event Structure.  The real beauty is that you can register for an User Event at multiple places and every Event Structure that is registered for the User Event will recieve it.

The best example I have done is with a system I developed a few years ago.  It had a loop that did nothing but read data from an instrument and then sent the data with a User Event.  I then had multiple loops registered for that User Event, most notably a logging loop and a GUI loop.  So the data was being logged and processed by these two independent loops.

Another good use I have for User Events is just for sending data to the GUI loop purely for updating indicators.  It is a lot more efficient than passing the reference around and using a value propery node (as in THOUSANDS times faster).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 7
(5,444 Views)