From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create login and password for my application

Hi i need to create login and password for my application.explain me with an example
Message 1 of 28
(19,374 Views)

Hi,

Its very simple task first list the inputs you wanted may be a string control to enter the User Name and one more String Control to enter the Password and with 2 boolean buttons to Enter ,Exit. Create 1 default user name and password, store it in a datalog file read it everytime in the backend. Check with current username and password enterd, do the authentication .Just try to do backend code with these inputs.

Hope this may help you.

Message Edited by AutoTEC on 10-06-2008 12:20 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(19,366 Views)
Hi i need to encrypt and strore the password in XML file.and i need Decrypt the password from the file and i need to compare.tell me how to encrypt and decrpt it and how it can be done in labview
Message 3 of 28
(19,343 Views)

one fairly simple but not very secure option can be that you device some formula on your own to modify the characters and you can always use reverse formula to get password.

You can also consider MD5 Algorithm for encryption, but you cant actually decrypt it. i.e lets say you password is "pass" then MD5 of this will be (in HEX) "1A1D C91C 9073 25C6 9271 DDF0 C944 BC72 " now when user logs in and enters his password you can encrypt it using MD5 and compare it with original encrypted string. in case both strings are equal then user has entered correct password.

to make this system more powerful you can add your own fixed string before encryption e.g. encrypt "passParthipan" if user has entered "pass" as password.

hope this helps

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

Jambhekar Automation Solutions
LabVIEW Consultancy, LabVIEW Training
Rent a LabVIEW Developer, My Blog

Message 4 of 28
(19,339 Views)

Hello.. 🙂

I don't know much about encrypt & decrypt through LabVIEW... 😞     But do you want a single user and  password or 'n' no. of users....?

Message 5 of 28
(19,335 Views)

one more thing, you can fin MD5 VI in OpenG toolkit 

hi rupali 

in my opinion one or n users doesnt make much of a difference.

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

Jambhekar Automation Solutions
LabVIEW Consultancy, LabVIEW Training
Rent a LabVIEW Developer, My Blog

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(19,327 Views)

Hello... Tushar... 🙂

I asked that question because I'm using 'n' users in my login & password... Is it possible to encrypt the password  LabVIEW 7.1...?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(19,321 Views)
Hi i dont have OpenG toolkit.Can u send the Vi with example
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(19,311 Views)
Even I don't have OpenG toolkit.... 😞
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(19,304 Views)

Hi

Hope this may help you. Let me known if this works for you.

Message 10 of 28
(19,291 Views)