From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a sine wave signal in labview and send to arduino

Hi, I need help in developing labview code. I am new to labview and will appreciate if someone can help me in this matter.i need to display a sine wave in arduino  serial monitor. for that i need to generate sine wave siganal and sent to arduino. is it possible?. how can i do that.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,788 Views)

Hi, I need help in developing labview code. I am new to labview and will appreciate if someone can help me in this matter.i need to display a sine wave in arduino  serial monitor. for that i need to generate sine wave siganal and sent to arduino. is it possible?. how can i do that.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,788 Views)

Hi sobiga,

I need help in developing labview code. I am new to labview

Then I suggest to take all the links in the "Training" section in the header of this LabVIEW board.

This way you can easily learn LabVIEW!

i need to display a sine wave in arduino serial monitor.

You want to display a "sine wave" in the "serial monitor"? Do you want to display just some numeric values or do you want a real sine plot in a graph?

for that i need to generate sine wave siganal and sent to arduino. is it possible?.

Yes.

how can i do that.

Learn LabVIEW.

Install LINX.

Examine the examples coming with LINX.

Then create your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,774 Views)

Hi 

Then I suggest to take all the links in the "Training" section in the header of this LabVIEW board.

This way you can easily learn LabVIEW!

You want to display a "sine wave" in the "serial monitor"? Do you want to display just some numeric values or do you want a real sine plot in a graph?

yes, i want. to display a real sine plot in a graph.

Learn LabVIEW.

Install LINX.

Examine the examples coming with LINX.

Then create your VI…

can you please suggest any links to do that.please i need to do this part quickly as much as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,763 Views)

Hi sobiga,

can you please suggest any links to do that.please i need to do this part quickly as much as possible.

See that Training section in the header of the LabVIEW board to get you started.

For LINX

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,761 Views)

@sobiga wrote:

i need to display a sine wave in arduino  serial monitor. for that i need to generate sine wave siganal and sent to arduino. is it possible?. 

On top of the training suggestions, I have a question about your assignment

Do you need to generate a sine wave send it to the Arduino and then have the Arduino send it back? (to display in the serial monitor)

Can you just have the Arduino do the math to generate a sine wave and send the values out through the serial monitor?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,752 Views)

@RTSLVU,

thank you.

Do you need to generate a sine wave send it to the Arduino and then have the Arduino send it back? (to display in the serial monitor)

i need to generate a sine wave in labview. and send the numerial values which are representing the sine wave to arduino and plot  a graph using serial plotter in arduino.

Can you just have the Arduino do the math to generate a sine wave and send the values out through the serial monitor?

No actually. I need to display a ecg graph in my mobile app .for that i need to send signal via bluetooth from arduino. for the earlier step i planned to do this.

But yet i don't have any idea. how to do that.can you help me please or can you suggest any links how to do this.please .

Again.thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,736 Views)

Break your project down into steps. First, learn how to generate a sine wave. Then learn how to send random values via Serial (there are good examples in the NI Example Finder on using Serial). Then combine the two.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,726 Views)