LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to creat a real time project

Hi there,

I am new with labview and I'm having problem when I try to build my code for real time target.

I want to acquire a signal from a sensor and manipulate the data and the send it to the output of the actuator.

However when I was building my code with real time project in my computer, the software did not recognized the ni usb 6211 so I could not use the DAQ assistence.

How can I acquire a signal without DAQ max ? Do I have to have a real time target to build the code ? What is the first steps to build a code in labview using some a NI devices ? I want to start bulding this simple code, but latter I will be upgrading it.

Thanks I really need help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,554 Views)

What is real time to you ?

What do you mean by "the software did not recognized the ni usb 6211" ? Does it show up in MAX ?

Where are you planing to run your application ? On windows ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,550 Views)

A LabVIEW Real-Time Project requires hardware running a Real-Time Operating System.  This is usually a PXI system or something like a Compact RIO, but it could be a PC with the Windows Operating System replaced with LabVIEW's RT-OS (ETS, based on PharLap).  The Real-Time code has no Front Panel (actually, it has a blank Front Panel) -- you interact with it with code running on (say) a Windows PC using "regular LabVIEW".  Indeed, when you build a Real-Time Project (using LabVIEW Project), the UI code is in the top have of the Project (that says "My Computer", while the RT code gets placed in the bottom half in the Real-Time Processor that you specify.

If you need "approximate Real-Time", that is, something that runs on a PC, is fairly responsive, represents time fairly accurately, and can tolerate a few milliseconds of jitter, you can probably develop this in LabVIEW without using the Real-Time extensions (which, I believe, require a Real-Time Processor on which to run).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,507 Views)

Thanks Bob,

I do not have any hardware running the real time operaty system. Neither the LabVIEW's RT-OS (ETS, based on PharLap). I only have the labview in my pc right now. I am trying to build a code first in my computer and then use the same code later on the real time target. I was trying to develop a generic code to acquire a signal from a sensor and send it to a actuator.

My first code is attached. Is it corret ?

So, just double checking.. To start a real time project I can start with a blank VI and then use the same code when I have the RT right ?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,480 Views)

When I used Max the device shows up, but when I start a real time project dont. 
First of all my first plan is start to build a project in my computer with windows, check if is running okay and then use the same code in a RT. Is it wrong ? could you please give a guide how to proceed ? Thanks dkfire

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,478 Views)

What is your hardware?  What is doing the A/D and D/A?  When you say the hardware shows up in MAX, how does MAX identify it?  Is it a USB-6009 or something similar?  Is it a cRIO, or a PXI system?  Knowing this will enable us to make a more sensible response.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,462 Views)