LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect it??

Hello mike 🙂

I installed the software but there is no such a thing called dll or activeX but I already asked my teacher about it and he said it can work with both with no problem....
do you think that I can find a vi that already built and use it?? if not tell me the steps and be my new teacher Robot tongue
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(998 Views)

Hi reemon,

if there is ActiveX support for this card, you can use the ActiveX functions from LabView. Use the "Automation Open" function and create a "Automation Refnum" constant. With right click on it you can select "select ActiveX class" and "Browse". Now search for a function which sounds like it clould be from your card, or read the manual and find helpfull things. If your teacher know this function is supported it has to be documented somewhere.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(997 Views)
I am doing the job now but mike if I want to try it with the dll where I can start in the labview?? cause I found a file on the cd related to my card which is MSVCP60.DLL

so maybe it will work also with dll

I attached the files that is on the CD

Message Edited by reemon on 04-08-2008 01:17 PM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(992 Views)

Hi neemon,

to use a dll you have to use the "call library node" and load your dll into it. If you have a header file with your dll, you can import the dll using the "Import -> Shared Library" function and LabView will create the vi´s for you.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(985 Views)
thank very much for helping me mike and I know I am asking alot but I really don't have any second choice because in my country no body have this talent in labview and its really kind of you 🙂

the question is: how can I know if there is a header file for the dll file that I have??

this is my email if you can talk to me om msn messanger
cool_reem@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(983 Views)

Hi reemon,

i´m not sure, but if there is a header file the name is "*.h". If you want to use the dll you need a description of the exported functions. Without the description i see at the moment no way to use the dll. If you can find a description you can create your own header file to use the LabView function.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(974 Views)
thank you mike and I am working with the activeX method,

guys if anyone has the vi to send an sms I will be thankfull, or anyone has worked with this area and have more information about it please help me with it
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(971 Views)
does any one knows where to find a library for the  Dell TrueMobile 5100 Tri-band GPRS PC Card??
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(948 Views)
Message 19 of 26
(943 Views)
you are my HEROSmiley Wink............but this is not a library that is used in labview!!!!!!!!! it is a pdf file that describe the productRobot Sad

Message Edited by reemon on 04-09-2008 12:15 PM
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(933 Views)