cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure USB camera if it is not Directshow image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am using NI-IMAQ for USB to grab videos from Dazzle DVC170 of Pinnacle. There is an error showing system error, see the attached file. Someone answered that it is because my USB device is not a directshow image one. In fact, Dazzle DVC 170 connects camcorders with computer. There is Svideo output connecting camcorder and a USB connecting computer. If in this case, VISA can be used to configure USB and grab video? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,659 Views)

Hi hxw,

If your camcorder has fire wire port,you can directly capture your video using labview USB toolkit what you are at present.Coming to your Dazzle DVC170 of pinnacle,you cant capture the videos using labview.If you still want to,may be you need to use some activex programming to connect to that pinnacle software program.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,649 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I am wondering what kind of activex program is. Is it a package in Labview or others? Could you give me some hints aobut this activex program to control this software?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,646 Views)

Hi,

For firewire connection, there is no connection on my camcorder but S video output connection. I am wondering if we can buy a firewire card to transport video and use IMAQ for USB to control this firewire or other IMAQ module to control it. In fact, I went to Bestbuy to ask about this. But the sales person told me that the firewire card can only transport video but can not be controled. I am wondering the problem with firewire card is there is no driver for this so we can not control it. Is it right?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,643 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hxw

hi hxw,

Ofcourse you can do the activex programming using your labview package.For more details ,go through the examples.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,641 Views)