LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the button dynamically?

Hi,

My Application is that,when i will press the button(on state-Enliglish text will come on the button,off state-Hindi Text will come on the button).

So,my problem is that i can't write hindi text on the button,so only way is that i can port the image from the file,so how cal i do this without customizing the button.

With Regards

Dibya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,577 Views)

Place a boolean button in the LabVIEW front pannel and right click>>Advance>>Customize. Then select the Hindi and English text Image and save the contol and use whereever it requires.

.Customize button.JPG

Message Edited by Baji on 05-29-2009 04:23 PM
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,552 Views)

Baji wrote:

Place a boolean button in the LabVIEW front pannel and right click>>Advance>>Customize. ......

The question, for whatever reason, was how to do this without customizing the button, although your solution is obviously the best way to do it, and how it is meant to be done.

So, my question to the original poster, why can't you customize the button like Baji has suggested?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,537 Views)

Broken Arrow wrote:

Baji wrote:

Place a boolean button in the LabVIEW front pannel and right click>>Advance>>Customize. ......

The question, for whatever reason, was how to do this without customizing the button, although your solution is obviously the best way to do it, and how it is meant to be done.

So, my question to the original poster, why can't you customize the button like Baji has suggested?

Agreed.

I would also encourage posting both in English and your native tongue to try and clarify the issue.

Looking forward...

Dynamic language changes are best handled using property nodes to change the captions and text of all FP objects. It is a lot of work to set-up the first time but once completed, maintaining the code is straight froward.

If there are issues with just changing properties not fullfilling all reqs then a Picture Control takes care of most of the "all other cases" rather well (but is seldom trivial).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 5
(2,534 Views)
Just to say that. Then a control is customized, this will not affect other controls or indicators in the same style. The changes will only apply to the customized control/indicator. But you can of course copy the customized control to other places, and also save it to reuse it later 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,531 Views)