From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change parameters of Static VI Reference

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anyone let me know how to change the parameters of a static vi reference please? right now when I right click on it, just says "Strictly Typed VI". I don't know how to add/delete/change the parameters of it.

Static vi reference.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,510 Views)
The reference represents the connector pane of the SubVI. To change it you change the connector pane of the SunVI itself.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,501 Views)

Hi Steve,

Yes, I did that but the "Call By Reference" doesn't change and I don't know how to make it effect to the "Call By Reference Node". please let me know how. this is Source Distribution project.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Triple_H

Hello Triple H,

This is Andrew Brown, an Applications Engineer with National Instruments. You will need to go through the process to create a new strictly typed VI reference in order to update the parameters of your Call by Reference Node. An article that details this process is Creating a Strictly Typed VI Reference That Calls VIs Dynamically

Please let me know if you have additional questions or issues in this area.

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,469 Views)

it works, thanks so much Andrew.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,454 Views)