LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change array single element color chage.

hi, 

it is possible can i change a array. single element Back color or text color change.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,938 Views)

Hi Gokul,

nope, all array elements share the same set of properties (except value)!

- You could create a cluster of your element and a color box. Set the element transparent and in front of the colorbox. Then change the color of the colorbox.

- You could use tables/listboxes. Here you can set background colors of cells/rows…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,926 Views)

hi,

pls send me example i m using labview8.2.so pls send this supported formet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,921 Views)

Hi gokul,

step by step:

- put a cluster on your FP

- move a (classic) numeric indicator in the cluster

- move a colorbox indicator in the cluster

- set the numeric as frontmost, set it transparent using the color tool, move it in front of the color box

Now switch to the block diagram. Create a constant for that cluster and set any values you like for numeric and color…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,913 Views)

Alternative method putting the data in a Table control where you can change the background of individual cells

Written in 2015 but saved for 8.2 - dont have 8.2 so couldn't test the resulting vi.  Hope it helps

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,880 Views)

Yes, a table is the way to go!

If the table is large, don't forget to disable front panel updates during the loop where the colors are set.

Here is a very old (LabVIEW 8.0) example that show some of the basic methods how you could change the font color depending on the cell contents (testset2MOD.zip). Changing the background color would just use a dufferent cell property, so modify as needed. (from this old discussion)

Se also the top picture of this cool idea.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,854 Views)