From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to calculate gain error, offset and non-linearity

I'm sorry but I don't understand, I have to calculate: offset error, gain error and non-linearity error of the calibration curve that I got at the output. The errors I mean are described in the attached document, I don't understand why you keep putting in new formulas when I just need to figure out how to calculate these errors.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(857 Views)

Salve a tutti, avrei bisogno del vostro aiuto. Ho effettuato tramite labview la taratura di un calibratore e, confrontando le misure di temperatura in uscita dal calibratore e da un multimetro ho ottenuto la curva di taratura. 

Ora di questa curva avrei bisogno di conoscere l'errore di guadagno, errore di offset e errore di non linearità. Come posso fare? Vi allego ciò che ho realizzato e ciò che ho ottenuto.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(882 Views)

You keep attaching pictures that are of no use to us (nobody here will manually enter these numbers into a test VI). Your new code is still missing critical subVIs, e.g. the one for linear fitting, or even the data going into it..

Your document is in Italian, but the offset error seems to be the value of the x intercept, which is trivial to calculate once you have a linear fit. Still, the document seems to be discussing digitizing errors given a digital output (y) from an analog input(x). You try to correlate measurement pairs. Not quite the same!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(830 Views)

I'm sorry but I just don't understand your answers.
Which critical subVIs are you referring to, what input data do you need?

The curve in the images is the calibration one, of this curve I want to know how to calculate offset error, gain and non-linearity; can't you explain to me what I have to do to get them out? What is missing in the VI? If she responds assuming I know what she's talking about, we'll never figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(824 Views)

@giu95se wrote:

Which critical subVIs are you referring to, what input data do you need?

altenbach_0-1603056213406.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(820 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(818 Views)

We still don't have the data. (the data in the graph only has two rows, while your code implies that it should have 3. Also since you have x and y, shouldn't this be an xy graph???

Is the x-array ("calibratore") integers starting at 0 and incrementing by 1 for each point? How are we supposed to know that?

Please run your VI until the two input arrays have data, then select them and do a "menu...edit...make selected values default". Save the VI under a new name and attach it here.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(804 Views)

the calibrator setpoint, represented in array x, increases by 10 degrees celsius each time. The images I showed you previously contain the data obtained by starting the VI.
I will try to replace the graph with an XY and restart the simulation making the values ​​default.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(793 Views)

I have attached the VI of the fitting, how can I connect an XY graph in here? Can offset, gain and non-linearity errors be quantified from here?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(773 Views)