From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid getting the same data continuously

If you want each client on it's own row, you do waht you currently do. If you want to store historical data for each client, you need more rows. The two requirements don't seem to be easily compatible. How do you want the table to look like after each client has sent 5 sets of data, for example.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(849 Views)

If you want data to persist between loop iterations, then you need to use a shift register like Altenbach said in message #2, then you build the new data onto the bottom of the array in the shift register.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(841 Views)

5.png

yes i want to store historical data for each client.for example i will have 5 computers in where i will install 5 clients;when a user is the 1st client when he enters all his data i want them to be stocked in a table;but when he goes and a new user comes and uses the same computer(the same client) and enters his data i want to get them in the same table,and the same thing for all clients

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(838 Views)

is this what you were talking about Mr 10.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(813 Views)

No.  You are just putting the same empty array back into the shift register.

You need to maintain the array in the shift register, add new data at the end, and put that back into the shift register.  You'll have to move your header part of the array to outside the loop.

You really need to learn how to use the debugging tools such as probes and highlight execution so you can figure this out yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(806 Views)

@achfire wrote:

is this what you were talking about Mr @RavensFan10.png

Nooooo! Think!!!

Your shift register has no purpose because all it ever contains is an empty array, forever. It start with an empty array, and that same empty array if fed back into it on the right side. The shift register needs to be a 2D array (wired to the table indicator), and you need to append a new row each time. This is very basic LabVIEW, and you are not there yet. Try to figure it out with logic.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(803 Views)

thanks a lot for your precious help;i'll use what you told me.i hope that it will solve the problem once and for all this time

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(787 Views)

thanks a lot for your help,i figured a way to solve the problem by using feedback node,and i replaced datasocket with shared variable

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(760 Views)

@achfire wrote:

thanks a lot for your help,i figured a way to solve the problem by using feedback node,and i replaced datasocket with shared variable

I am sure you did more than that. 😮

Feel free to post your final code for review and comments.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(737 Views)

with pleasure,if you notice anything that can be changed to improve th pg i'll do it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(725 Views)