LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add more block diagrams for my GUI?

Dear all,

How do I post more block diagrams to the LabVIEW front panel of my program?

I'm using LabVIEW 6.1 for this and only a few options like pipe pumps and valves available. How do I find more related diagrams like a fan or a manual switch?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,264 Views)
Block diagrams are the code part of LabVIEW. Controls are what you place on a front panel. What exactly are you asking for?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,255 Views)

It sounds like you might be asking for custom controls? There's a few ones that have been made. If you try a Google search for "LabVIEW custom controls" you'll find a couple of web sites where you can get some ideas. I think there's a bunch of controls like pumps and valves available in the DSC Module. Ben should know as I believe he's used this quite frequently. However, I don't know if you can still get it for LabVIEW 6.1. That's a pretty old version of LabVIEW.

You can also customize your own controls. This is explained in the LabVIEW Help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,250 Views)
Truly sorry for making it so confusing.

I just need to draw the hardware component with functions like valves and pump to my front panel. I'm familiar with software like Circuit Maker for electrical drawings but am not familiar with any control-related software is required to draw these things.

Maybe a few suggestions? Are these softwares free? Do they come as an add-on to LabVIEW?

TQ!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,237 Views)

Tools >>> DSC >>> Image navigator.

Figure1c-SixCellGaseousChallenge.PNG

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 7
(3,210 Views)

JM Chin wrote:
Truly sorry for making it so confusing.

I just need to draw the hardware component with functions like valves and pump to my front panel. I'm familiar with software like Circuit Maker for electrical drawings but am not familiar with any control-related software is required to draw these things.

Maybe a few suggestions? Are these softwares free? Do they come as an add-on to LabVIEW?

TQ!

As shown in the (very cool!) image that Ben posted, the controls you're looking for come with the DSC module (which you have to buy). But, like I said, I don't know if you can get it for LabVIEW 6.1. You can contact your local NI sales rep to see if they have it. Did you try Google? For instance, one site is SGC-Tek. There's also the UI Interest Group

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,190 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:

As shown in the (very cool!) image ...

If any of you have used a breathing mask that used replacement cartridges in the last ten years, on the side of the filter is sticker that says "Certified by ....NIOSH". The app shown above (configured for a single cell) is the app that certifies them.

It a wild lab to work in, specially when the tear gas starts to condense. All of the piping looks like a feather boa. The building has what looks like two aircraft engines on the roof for the fume hoods. The exhaust is so strong that when the sytem is not balanced right, it is hard to open the doors to the building becuase of the vacuum. My vehicle get serached on the way into the complex and part of the standard routine is to ask if I have any explosives. I reply "Why bring my own when you have everything I need right here?" Smiley Tongue 

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,165 Views)