LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Import cvi uir into labview vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to change a program written in cvi to Labview.
I want to use the screen used in cvi in Labview.
If there is a way to bring cvi's screen into labview, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,741 Views)

No.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RevolutionKwon

@RavensFan wrote:

No.

That's most likely factualy correct as far as the OPs intentions are concerned, but technically not quite. You can embed other windows in a LabVIEW front panel through the use of child windows. However:

- This requires to use Windows API functions directly and is fairly advanced use.

- It simply embeds the window of another application in LabVIEW and does not give any direct ways to interface with that application. That means you can not control the elements on the window from LabVIEW but the original application simply is embedded in the LabVIEW front panel visually but still a completely seperate process with the original executables code running inside it.

On the other hand, most typical CVI applications aren't really very advanced UI applications in terms of individual controls on an UIR and should be fairly easy to recreate in LabVIEW with LabVIEW controls. The C programmed logic behind the UIR may be an entirely different story in that respect, but would have to be recreated in LabVIEW anyways.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 3
(1,700 Views)