LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I create an executable for a computer that does not have IVI drivers

I'm creating an executable driver (based on the NI drivers) for a TDS 3054 intended for a computer that does not have the IVI engine. I would prefer to install as little software on this computer as possible. Is it possible for me to build the driver with the appropriate support DLL's without installing IVI on the user's computer? How do I do this?

Thank you,
Zach Oberman
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,368 Views)
You have to install the IVI engine. The smallest installation you could get would be use traditional GPIB commands and install just the GPIB driver. For IVI, you'll need the engine, the instrument drivers, VISA, and the GPIB driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,368 Views)
Zach,

Since the tkds30xx driver you are using is IVI based, you will not be able to use it without the IVI Engine.

If you must build an executable that does not require the IVI Engine, then you will need to use a traditional LabVIEW driver or convert a VXIpnp driver into LabVIEW. Neither of those drivers would require the IVI Engine.

At this time the only TDS 3054 driver on NI's IDNet website is the IVI-based tkds30xx driver.

You may be able to obtain a traditional LabVIEW driver from

Thanks,
--Bankim
Message 3 of 3
(2,368 Views)