LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i use the same front panel graph in more than one events in an event structure?

Solved!
Go to solution

i want to display the signals from my sensorDAQ in a graph.but i have more than one event in the event structure to acquire the signal and display it in the graph.the first event is to acquire the threshold signals and its displayed in the graph as a feedback.after the first event is executed, i will call the second event,where the further signals are acuired and compared with the threshold signals from the event 1.my question is how can i use the same front panel control in more than two events in the event structure?please answer me i'm stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,105 Views)

Hi,

If the number of events are not too many, then you may use a local variable of the graph in the other events and pass the value to the graph. Right click the graph indicator on the block diagram and created local variable.

Also you can use a shift regsiter for this purpose. If you can attach your code, then i can explain it better.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give kudos to good Answers, Mark it as a solution if your problem is Solved;))

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Irshu

Hi,

I have attached here an example of doing the same using shift registers and local variables. Take a look. Shift register is always a better option than local variables.;)

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give kudos to good answers, Mark it as a solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,094 Views)

Hi,

You can use a value 'property node' of graph to update the values in other events. You can it by right clicking on graph, select property node, value.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,090 Views)

It might be better to put the DAQ outside the event structure in a parallel loop rather than duplicating code in several event cases.  Look at the Producer/Consumer Design PAtterns.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,077 Views)

thank you all for your valuable support, i was able to solve the problem   🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,053 Views)