From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i automatically maximize lab view project (if project is minimized) if no one is working on PC after one time

Solved!
Go to solution

Maybe you have other applications running, like non-LabVIEW apps, interfering with your app window? Using modal windows blocking your own one, etc?

So I have no idea why it does not work for you. Can you make a screen-video showing the "symptoms"?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 38
(675 Views)

if VI is minimized it automatically maximized but not be on top of all window when i am working of PLC software.

i am trying to record it..

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 38
(671 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

if VI is minimized it automatically maximized but not be on top of all window when i am working of PLC software.

i am trying to record it..

Just to be sure. Are you using this very VI: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-can-i-automatically-maximize-lab-view-project-if-project-is/m-p...

?

Did you make any modification? If so, could you attach your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 38
(667 Views)

oh i observed that it does not come on top when i browse any drive like c,d of PC. but it working if any other application is running.

i have configured it in my project. 

Thanks dear.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 38
(660 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

oh i observed that it does not come on top when i browse any drive like c,d of PC. but it working if any other application is running.

i have configured it in my project. 

Thanks dear.

I guess because those "browse" dialog windows are modal. And they are always on top...

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 38
(653 Views)

may be..

one thing more which i observe...

if my Vi is maximized but not on top, (any other window is on top) so after it does not come on top automatically..

have you checked this?\

please check and let me know about this.

Thanks,

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 38
(635 Views)

Sorry, but I cannot experiment with this "feature" more deeper. As I see, I would never program such behaviour for an application. Either I would make a standalone "kiosk mode" app on a PC for this, or I would let the user decide when and how to bring the application window to the front under Windows 🙂 An automatic effect like this would be considered a kind of "virus like" behaviour, and I imagine could drive the end user crazy! 😄

If I was the end user, there would be a good chance to hit the programmer out of pure anger, if an application brings away vision and focus under Windows! 😄

(of course i am joking, i am not that violent usually 🙂 )

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 38
(625 Views)

if you can do please...

i cant do that...

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 38
(620 Views)