LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help for newbie

Hi everyone,

As I posted in this forum before, I am studying on design of a test bench that is capable of measuring temperature and pressure of a system and analyse simultaneously.For this purpose the distributor of NI in my location suggested to use NI 9188 compact DAQ, 9214 for temperature measurements and 9203 for pressure measurements. I do not know how they are available for a real-time application. Anyway, I have not purchased these devices yet. Before buying them, I want to create its program via Labview (labview 2009 Academic). I am really new in acquiring data, actually this will be my first project on acquiring data. I have read a good book to understand the concept of labview programming but it is a hard job for me to constitute a program to realize my purpose. I am still learning about labview. Shortly, people always say me to start with tutorials etc. and I did as they said, however, I am still not capable of creating a program to acquire and analyse the data. How can I do it? Where to start?

In previous posts that I sent here, everyone says me to start with bla bla. It does not help me. I am not an electrical-electronics engineer.

if there is someone wants to help me on this subject, I will be really grateful. I can explain my project in a detailed way.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,647 Views)

Your last post was from a couple of months ago, and those threads indicated you had solved the problem. So I'm not sure what recent posts you are referring to that you say don't help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,637 Views)

the answered post was related an other subject not for this one if I did not press the accept as solution wrongly. I will check.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,631 Views)

You need to understand that the scope of your question is so broad, it's hard to tell you where to start, EXCEPT for the advice you've already been given.

Your first task would be to hook up the DAQ and get info from it, send a signal to it. Then build from there. I realize this is impossible without the hardware. So, where ELSE can you start besides the basics?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,624 Views)

@broken Arrow wrote:

You need to understand that the scope of your question is so broad, it's hard to tell you where to start, EXCEPT for the advice you've already been given.

Your first task would be to hook up the DAQ and get info from it, send a signal to it. Then build from there. I realize this is impossible without the hardware. So, where ELSE can you start besides the basics?

Without DAQ devices, is it impossible to program? Cannot I program with simulated devices?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,619 Views)

DAQmx allows you to create simulated devices. The simulated voltages are typically sinusoids, so this may or may not work for you. Also, not all devices are simulated. Off-hand, I do not know if the 9214 and the 9203 are available as devices that can be simulated.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,612 Views)

by using MAX I can simulate NI 9214 and 9203, they seem under below the devices in yellow colour but I really do not know whether they are exactly simulated or not.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,609 Views)

@newbieeng wrote:

by using MAX I can simulate NI 9214 and 9203, they seem under below the devices in yellow colour but I really do not know whether they are exactly simulated or not.

What do you mean by "exactly simulated"? As mentioned, the by smerc above, simulated voltages are sinusoids. You'll see a slowly ramping up and down pattern - most likely. Give it a try Smiley Happy

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,600 Views)

I see now ok but no matter type signal. Generating signal is enough for me at this stage. I just need simulated pressure and temperature values. It is no matter its types. I just want to try whether I can program or not ? how can I program with these simulated devices?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,593 Views)

Start by acquiring data. The video below discusses DAQ Assistant - by far the easiest way to get your DAQ "into" LabVIEW.

http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/doc/p/id/wv-1938/upvisited/y

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,586 Views)