LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help for newbie

Thank you all responsed my questions. let me check whether I understood you right, there is no way to program with all aspects that I want without required devices.right?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(304 Views)

That really depends on what "all aspects" means. All you've said so far is that  you want to be able to get some data. The simulated devices will do that.

What are NI-DAQmx Simulated Devices and How Do I Use Them?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(298 Views)

ok as you said and as I mentioned earlier there is no matter of its signal type, so I can program as I want in this way via simulated devices. I confused about one point on it, for example, when we use a real device to measure a temperature, thermocouple sents a voltage signal to the device, so the device takes it as an input, if I use a simulated one, will this device generate this signal as an output? if it behaves in this way, shall I adjust it to generate an analog signal (voltage) or for thermocouple in its properties?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(294 Views)

It's actually easier than you are making it out to be. When you get your hardware, you'll hook it up and run MAX to get it identified and configured. So, there will be two "systems" in MAX - the simulated one, and the newly creeated real one. You'll simply tell DAQ Assistant that you want to read a thermocoupe (Analog Input > Thermocouple), for the cDAQ device in slot 1 (or wherever).

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(289 Views)