LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gyro sensor plot and save data on labview

Hi

I am an electrical and electronics engineering student in Hacettepe University.I wanted to ask you something about my project:

I have Labview 8.5 installed in my computer and lego NXT hardware.I am trying to have inputs from sensors acceleration,gyro,.. which are hitechnic(gyroscope) and nxt sensors(sound..).I am able to read sound sensor data using nxt and having a graph of it in labview.I am also able to take data with nxt (seeing valures on nxt screen).When i am trying to use the same labview vi procedure using waveform chart ,however i cant see the graph ,labview console tells me that gyro.vi is password protected.(i have downloaded the gyro VIs from hitechnic.com and copied them to addons file ).

Please can you tell me which procedure should i follow in order to read gyro sensor data and store it to be able to process the saved data with matlab.Please,if you have a sample VI for this process could you send it to me.

I am looking forward to having your answer as soon as possible.Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,395 Views)

hi,

I am also a student doing my projet. It is about doing a two-wheel self balancing, and I need also to measure the accelerometer and gyro from HiTechnic.

I would be so glad if you could please send my some VI to get these imputs.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,999 Views)

Can you provide some more specific details about your project?
What hardware do you have right now? How does it communicate with the computer (GPIB, serial, ethernet....)?

Hardware is interfaced with LabVIEW through MAX (measurement and automation explorer).

You should have this installed, then you can use VISA functions to do Instrument I/O.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,988 Views)

Thanks for answering me so soon.

I have a Lego mindstorms NXT and also I havealready  bought a acceleration sensor and a gyro from HiTechnic.

I muss do a two wheel- self balancing, it something like you can see here:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/NXTLOG/ProjectDisplay.aspx?id=ee95fa2e-ab89-49bc-aaa8-dd8e422f9a3d

I want to programme it in LabView, and also I want to run the programme only on the computer and comunicate with the lego 

via bluetooth. 

The problem is that to run only on the computer I need to use Direct Commands, but I couldnt do it.

If you could help me or also if you could send me some VI (it doesnt matter if its with direct commands or not; just to have an idea) to read the gyro or the accelerometer, it would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,981 Views)

Take a look here, then look under the 'download' tab.

I cant read what it says, because its in German Smiley Surprised

but from what few words I can understand, it looks like it has LabVIEW drivers for the equipment.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,960 Views)