LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gui question: array spacing

I have a quick question about array spacing and GUI layout.  I have an array of buttons (Not a cluster) and I set the array to be transparent so I have a bunch of buttons (number changes at runtime) but the array spacing is not enough for the GUI to look nice.  I tried to ad an element gap but this only nudges the elements apart.  Is there an easy work around which does not require code changes (such as a cluster or an array of clusters of buttons)?

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,630 Views)
Hi Paul,

I think the most maintanable solution would be to customize the specific button by the following way:
Control Editor - Change to Customize Mode -> change the border size of the button (or whatever you have) and set the bg color to transparent

BR,
ThSa
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,613 Views)
You could customize the Boolean by adding a decoration around it. You could also color the decoration transparent so it doesn't show in the array control.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,609 Views)

Thanks for the advive.  I ended up using the caption to fake a border around the button, I set the caption to not size with text and placed a dubby text in it and set it to the BK color and all is well.  I initially tried to group a decoration with the control but then it would not go in the array, did not know this was not allowed since I never tried it.  The caption was a nice feature because I am able to resize it programatically, but then I lost the ability to use a caption.  Thanks for the advice, I will play around with the other options and see which works best.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,598 Views)
An example of a checkbox that is customized with a little padding on top and bottom so they align perfectly with the plot legend when placed in a transparent array container can be found in one of my old examples: LegendExampleMOD3.vi

(See this thread for details)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,584 Views)