LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gps programming

Hello,

I have a question regarding GPS systems.Are there any tutorials on developing DGPS setup in Labview developer zone?

-innovator81

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,589 Views)
What do you want to do?  Communicate with a GPS?  Create your own differential system for an existing GPS?  Make a GPS from scratch?  Please give us some more information.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,583 Views)
I want to write a program in Labview for a differential GPS setup..the GPS unit will be connected to the computer..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,580 Views)
The differential part is what I don't understand.  Do you want to perform the differential corrections with Labview, or do you just want to communicate with a differential GPS.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,576 Views)
I want the labview program to differentially correct the errors.I have already written a program in Labview for the basic GPS unit(i.e the program collects the data from the single GPS unit and displays it on the front panel of Labview ).Now I want to write a similar program for differential GPS setup.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,564 Views)
Can I ask why you would want to do that?  What you want to do is done by the GPS, and it takes into account many things.  Just connect your differential receiver to the GPS, set a few parameters, and you are off and running.  I have to imagine that the algorithms are rather comlplex.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,559 Views)
well i just need to get the differential data into labview..as i have got the base unit data..the error correction will be done by the GPS unit itself but I want to view it in Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,549 Views)
You should be able to poll the GPS unit for that data.  If your GPS doesn't support that, then you will have to find out the specifications for the RTCM protocol and go that route.  What GPS units are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,541 Views)
I programmed TM4 GPS before, not the differencial thing.  What's your GPS' model number and brand?
------- LabVIEW 2009, So Easy, Even a Therapist Can Do It -------
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,537 Views)
Novatel Inc was the company and the GPS unit was Superstar-2(Flexpak) unit initially(metre accuracy unit).Now we are working on the centimetre GPS unit(Propak G2-Plus).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,520 Views)