LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting complex waveform from 1d array data??as

Solved!
Go to solution

i am trying to transmit psk modulated signal from analog output channel to analog input channel of the daq card kusb 3116 with the help of bnc connector wire. i am able to modulate, D/A conversion and writing to the analog output channel i am able to get my sent signal too but the problem is shown in black circle in the attatched picture, LV Link vi at recieving part is getting 1D array of 64 bit real how ever for demodulating it i need complex waveform(cluster of 3 elements)having t0, dt and Y. plz help me with this, i have tried to use my daq card with VISA too. but i was only able to find very little help from tutorials and examples. sir, plz download these LV Link 3 vi too, so that my attatched vi works, and definitely it will ask for the open layer board too. plz help me as i am in my final semester of engineering and really stuck with this. thanx

nauman
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(3,731 Views)

Judging from your png you need to continue using the build waveform primitive. Hover over it and drag it down so you have 3 entries. They will most likely say "Attributes". Right click on one>>Select item>>t0, repeat and select dt on the other one. Wire appropriatly. Don't know why you are building that upper cluster.

Always keep open the context help...Ctrl H...

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(3,723 Views)

sir i tried to do this in the way you told but got this problem as shown in the picture, plz help me with this

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(3,695 Views)

Ok now I can see why you were using the bundle by name. You were correct. Here is what I would try. First delete the broken wire from MT Demodulate PSK. Then right click the input complex waveform and create constant. Delete the wire from the constant to the input. Then wire the constant into the top input of a bundle by name function. Secondly lay down a type cast function. Wire your array of dbl data in. On the top input wire a array of complex double.(You can Ctrl drag it out of the other constant you made to create a copy.) Wire the output into the y input of the bundle by name and then into the MT Demodulate PSK.

Hope this works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(3,678 Views)
sir i tried but when i saw its output complex waveform before putting it in the demodulator it shows to=0 dt=1 y=0 i am attatching its png please help
nauman
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(3,669 Views)
the attatched picture is here, sorry for inconvinience
nauman
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(3,664 Views)

sir one more thing i want to ask about this error message as shown in the attatched png. it pops up whenever i try to modulate, tx on analog output of daq card, rx on daq card and try to demodulate(this is still under process), my vi runs for some time and then this error pops up.

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(3,660 Views)

nauman,

Attached is how I would wire up the typecast. Note that there might be easier ways to do this but this is just the first one I thought of.

As to your hardware error I really can't address the problem as I don't have that same hardware. I speculate that you are getting an overrun error because you aren't reading fast enough or you are running out of buffer space but that is just a guess. One of your png shows a while loop that looks like it is running unthrottled. You might want to put a wait (ms) into that loop with a value of let's say 20. You also might want to consider a producer consumer architecture to divorce that data collection from the data processing.

Looks like we are on different sides of the world judging from our post times.Smiley Wink

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(3,653 Views)

sir i have done this too Smiley Sad  but still getting no complex waveform for demodulating. 

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(3,638 Views)

sir now i am getting this problem. actually i am transmitting from one vi to analog output (on daq card) and then on second vi to analog input (from daq card).

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(3,633 Views)