LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get value from method into actor core

Hello,

as i still learning this actor framework, i need more help.

I send cluster(with boolean) from root actor to nested actor 'LIN'. In nested actor i have method with message to receive this value.

And this is work fine. But i need to pass this cluster from method to actor core of 'LIN' nested actor.

I tried to generate event in my method (reference stored in private data class), and then to use event structure in actor core to detect that value.

But i don't have any reaction in nested actor core.

And i'm stacked. Only what cross my mind is to put in private data class complete cluster so i can use it in actor core, but i'm not sure is this the good way...

I placed couple of pictures in att.

Please for advice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(718 Views)

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Im also learning AF, to update controls or indicators I use references,

there where you have the FP.Open method, i bundle the reference into the actor.

Then I use that reference to update any value directly from a subvi.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(673 Views)

So just FYI it's really hard to debug pictures. Post your code if you want more help.

But from what I can see:

1- Where do you create your "frame control" user event? Is it in Pre-launch Init? Because it's not in the Actor Core. You have to initialize the user event.

2- Assuming it is initialized, your event handler isn't wired right. Sending the data to that event doesn't put it in the indicator. In your nested actor, click "UsrEvtRef" and you'll see the data that's coming in on that event. Wire that data to the "frames control" indicator.

Note: Event Structures will often unbundle event data for you (not sure why...) so you might need to rebundle it before writing to "frames control".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(666 Views)