LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get sheets name of excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm puzzled -- do you not have the Report Generation Toolkit?  I did assume you had it available, and gave you a simple method that works.

Another relevant question is what version of Excel are you using?  Excel 2013 works well, but there have been reports that Excel 2016 has a few changes, but probably ones that won't matter too much here.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(1,368 Views)

You didn't do exactly as in my example: you have wired a FALSE constant to the condition terminal of the while loop, this loop will never exit. Also, you didn't put a wait in the while loop, it will run as fast as possible taking all of you CPU resources.

It works well on this PC (Win7 PRO 64-bit, LV2017, Excel 2013).

Ben64

Message 12 of 31
(1,364 Views)

Hi!

I did some modifications in the code and it works finally ( I use LV 2017, EXCEL 2016)

I thank all of you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(1,348 Views)

Instead of thanking us, "give back" to the Forum by posting your solution (attach the working VI).  Also, mark your response as the Solution to tell other Forum users this problem has been Solved.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(1,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Student_LV

Hi! 

Sorry for the delay to post the solution, please find attached the working vi

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(1,314 Views)

Hi!

Please, I have a question which is related to the VI attached previously : I call it in the main VI, I wire the sub VI with the inputs and outputs, i load the file but I didn't get the sheets name in the listbox, although  the VI alone was working before the appeal in the main VI, please does anyone understand the reason why i get nothing in return ?  

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(1,309 Views)

Can you post the VI in LV 2015?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(1,291 Views)

HI !

below attached the vi in 9.0 LV version.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(1,286 Views)

HI! 

You will find attached the complete VI which read sheets name of a file.

I added a property node " text.text" to display the text " select a sheet" until the file is loaded and sheets are found. When founded, a list of the sheets names appeared, then I select one name and validate . That's working well

I didn't understand why it doesn't work when i call the VI in the main VI. I didn't get the list and the vi still runing with no result?

Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(1,284 Views)

Not able to Open the attached vi  (using LV 2015).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(1,272 Views)