cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get method's diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone !!

I'm a beginner programmer in Labview 2014.

I display data into a waveform chart. I'm just asking if it's possible to get the diagrams of the methods that apply to my chart. I need to modify one of them according to my customer requirement.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,780 Views)

Your post doesn't really make any sense - can you perhaps show a screenshot of what you want to do / are trying to change?

In addition to changing the style of the graph (e.g. modern, classic, silver), you can recolour parts of the graph and there are lots of properties that allow you to configure the graph programmatically - but without knowing what you are trying to do I can't really suggest anything more than that.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,762 Views)

I am using the method " export to excel" which export data into a temporary file without saving it. I am trying to export data from a chart  into an excel file with these options :

- save the file in a specific location on user's action.

- save automatically and periodically the data in the same excel file to clear the buffer (improve memory)

That's why maybe the method's diagram of "export to excel file" could have been helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,736 Views)

I still don't understand what you mean by the "method's diagram".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThibaudP

Hi Thibaud,

That's why maybe the method's diagram of "export to excel file" could have been helpful.

There is no "block diagram" for this method node. Point.

It's the same like with any LabVIEW function (like BuildArray or a simple Add): you will not get a block diagram. Those functions are provided as they are: Use them or don't use them…

save the file in a specific location on user's action

Use the FileDialog to ask for a filepath. Save the file when the user presses a button.

save automatically and periodically the data in the same excel file to clear the buffer (improve memory)

When it has to be an "Excel" file you should think about RGT functions or ActiveX to remotely control Excel.

Otherwise use simple spreadsheet files and functions like WriteToSpreadsheetFile.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,715 Views)