From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel size

Solved!
Go to solution

I've developed an application in labVIEW and have resized the front panel to keep it as small/neat as possible.

However when I run the .exe on another monitor it messes up the front panel i.e. resizing controls, squashing graphs etc.

I've messed about with the window size option in vi properties but haven't found a solution.

Is there any solution to this problem or will I just have to work around it?

My own monitor's resolution is 1280x1024 by the way if that in any way makes a difference

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,460 Views)

If you do a search on this issue you will see that it is a very common problem. I am assuming you tried the "Maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions" setting? What is the resolution of the other monitor?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,444 Views)

If you know the monitor size that you will be transfering to you can set the max allowable siz of the vi window to that so you can see your working size only. That is what I do when I am making a program for a fixed window size.

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 6
(2,442 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

If you do a search on this issue you will see that it is a very common problem. I am assuming you tried the "Maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions" setting? What is the resolution of the other monitor?

The other monitor I'm running the application on is 1280x800 but I would like a solution where it would be the same on all monitors if that was possible which seemingly it isn't...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,422 Views)

Hi,

If you want the VI to run on all displays, it is always better to design it in a low resolution (say 1024 * 768 ) and making the Window Run Time position Centered instead of Maximised in the VI Properties. This must make the window look small while running it in high resolution displays, but it wont be distorted in any of the displays who have a resolution of atleast 1024 * 768 .

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Message 5 of 6
(2,407 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Strokes

Hi Strokes,

If this was the solution which your were looking for you may accept it as a Solution so that it helps others. If not, let us know what else need to be explained.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved:smileywink:)  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,392 Views)