From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

"error 1063 occured at an unidentified location" shows up while trying to compile FPGA vi after moving the vi's from the "NI 9233 Getting Started.lvproj" example to my FPGA target. I beleive i moved all vi's correctly. Is there something wrong with the example code itself? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,343 Views)

Good Afternoon,

Have you by any chance installed the LabVIEW DSP 2.5 module?  In the past there have been instances where installing LabVIEW DSP 2.5 after LabVIEW FPGA 8.5 will cause the FPGA error you are getting.  Try performing a repair on LabVIEW FPGA.

Also, when you move the VI from the FPGA Target on the "NI 9233 Getting Started.lvproj" to your own project,try to replace the I/O resources on the block diagram with the resources under the FPGA target on your project.

I hope this helps!

-Cody C 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,317 Views)

Cody c,

Thanks for your help. I would rather like to understand what you mean by IO resources. Do you mean IO nodes, or also IO property functions,..etc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,307 Views)

Good Morning,

I apologize that I wasn't too clear on what I meant by I/O Resources.  I was referring to the actual channels for the modules (so I/O nodes) that you can drag and drop from the FPGA target in the Project Explorer onto the block diagram.  So, physically drag and drop your the specific module/channel nodes onto the block diagram in place of the ones already present.  Sometimes this fixes the problem.  I hope this helps!

-Cody C 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,291 Views)

I fortunately managed to create three .ted files for the x,y and z accelerations using the "create virtual teds" VI . However,in the host VI in the "NI 9233 Getting Started" example, the "read teds invoke method" reads teds data from the channels of the module which is what I do not want since the sensors I am using do not contain embedded teds. What is the next step after creating the .ted files? How will I use them in the example? Should I remove the "read teds invoke method" from the block diagram and use another function which uses .ted files from a specified path? You mentioned in a previous reply .tds not .ted, are they the same? The VI for creating virtual teds files creates .ted extension files.
 When using the example as it is, the following error occurs:

"Error 65008 ocurred at Invoke Method: Read TEDS in NI 9233 Getting Started(Host).vi".
possible reasons: (Hex0xFDF0) CompactRIO does not support the TEDS sensor connected to this channel.

How should I use the .ted files in the example?

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Waleed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,270 Views)