LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you print all the tab control's contents and include the tabs?

We are trying to generate a report that includes the contents of a tab control (graphs, text).  Using the Append Control Image to Report.vi, we are only able to print out the active tab and the tab is cut off of the image. How can we generate reports that include all the tab pages and their contents and include the labeling tabs?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,482 Views)

You know, I honestly don't think there's a way to do this. I never tried to print a tab control like that and now I can see that it's pretty lousy. Definitely something that needs to be fixed.

The only workaround that I can think of is to programmatically change the tabs and then get an image of the whole front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,467 Views)

Thanks for taking a look at it. We now are able to programmatically change the tab and print an image of each one. For the cut off of the tab of each page in the printing, though, we might just need to talk with someone at NI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,461 Views)

Perhaps you should create a subVI showing all the indicators you want to print without tabs. Optimize it for printing, not for user interface.  Print that rather than the main front panel.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,452 Views)

Hey Jim,

This is a known issue with LabVIEW, corresponding to CAR #54950. s_mercurio detailed the accepted workaround. You can track that CAR number in the release notes of future versions and patches of LabVIEW to see when it is fixed. Until then, it sounds like you got the workaround implemented and working. As for the cutoff issue, can you post a screenshot of that? I might be able to help after seeing the image. Hope that helps!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,433 Views)

I do have a workaround for makinging the prints but it looks like some sort of cropped screensave that cuts off the tabs.  In my sample I was printing out 3 of the tab controls and you can see there are three by the cut off tabs.  Is there a setting to allow for more of the graph and its surroundings to be "captured"?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,424 Views)

Hey Jim,

I did a little bit more research, and it turns out that incorrectly cropping the tabs is also a known issue with LabVIEW. That corresponds to CAR #212249. There is no accepted documented workaround, but you might be able to get away with taking an image of the full front panel, rather than just the control image. Have a great evening!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,395 Views)