LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

font sizes changed on scope

Solved!
Go to solution

When I copied my code, writtten in LV2011, onto my Tek DSA8300 scope, suddenly all the fonts changed from 15 pt to 23 pt. This makes everything look pretty bad. 

I understand why a scope uses large fonts, because the screen is small. However, I'm using an external monitor, so I don't really need the "help".

Might there be something in my code (which I inherited) that asks the computer it's running on for a default font size? Can I turn that off?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,914 Views)

I should add that I went from a screen size of 1920x1080 on my computer to 1024x768 on my scope and external screen. That might have had an effect also, but I need for the font sizes to be as originally specified. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,912 Views)

How did you copy your LabVIEW code onto an oscilloscope?  I never heard of any scopes being able to run LabVIEW code.

Or do you have a library of drivers that are running in LabVIEW that is also communicating with the O-scope and perhaps duplicating the O-scope's display onto your LabVIEW front panel?

If you have drivers, look into them and see if anyone would have coded something to change the fonts on the O-scope.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,911 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author efarr

I had to load LV2011 onto the scope. It runs Win7. 

It turns out I can change the fonts in LV by >>Tools>>Options>>Environment and deselecting the default fonts. But it's weird that the default fonts changed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,909 Views)

You still haven't answered my question about how you have LabVIEW running on the scope.  The scope is a an instrument, is it not?  It doesn't run LabVIEW on it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,901 Views)

I' inherited a large code written in LV6.1. After converting it to LV2011 I tried using that code to communicate with my scope over ethernet from several computers. None of them were successful in communicating with the scope. I'm sure I must be doing something simple wrong, but I haven't tracked it down yet.  

The only way my code will communicate with my scope is if I load itdirectly onto the scope, which is running Win7 and LV2011. Oddly, that's the one configuration in which everything works fine. 

The old version of the code ran from both external laptops and from a scope that is one version older, the DSA8200. 

If you have any ideas about how to track down my inability to run my code from a PC on the network, I would appreciate them. I don't know if the problem is with Tek or NI (or MS?). One possiblity is that I'm running NI-VISA on my PCs and Tek-VISA on my scope. Of course, that's not supposed to matter, but I haven't tried Tek-VISA on a PC yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,894 Views)

Efar,

can you share the VI that communicates witht he DSA8200?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,853 Views)

It's a large proprietary code, so I can't upload it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,846 Views)