LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flat sequence

hi,

I am using flat sequence for my autofocussing part of my project. It is working in one direction but not working in the other direction. I am just posting my vi can anyone suggest anything i can do for further processing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,879 Views)

Attach your subvi also.. I don't know why you are using too much flat sequences. Try to replace flat sequence with error in and error out terminals.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,877 Views)

hi,

here is my sub vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,874 Views)

You are going to win the Flat Structure Abuse Award!

You need to understand how LabVIEW works and the concept of data flow.  Using Flat Structures to force flow is not a good idea. 

The only time that it's okay to use Flat Sequences is for the few native functions which do not have an error cluster terminal associated with it or to prevent a race condition between a notifer / queue and controls that would go into a State Machine.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try looking at some of these tutorials.

Message 4 of 11
(2,857 Views)

@Samineni wrote:

It is working in one direction but not working in the other direction.

Impossible is nothing, that could be funny

http://screencast.com/t/M1P89HRqBVK

In general there are languages exists where writing starts from the right of the page, and continues to the left. Why dataflow in LabVIEW should always follow left to right direction?

Sorry for offtopic, Ray already has answered your question above.

Message 5 of 11
(2,833 Views)

@Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

In general there are languages exists where writing starts from the right of the page, and continues to the left.

Makes me wonder how tst wires his diagrams...  😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,805 Views)

You mean to tell me tst has been wrong all this time!  I've been modeling my structures after his.Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,798 Views)

@Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

@Samineni wrote:

In general there are languages exists where writing starts from the right of the page, and continues to the left. Why dataflow in LabVIEW should always follow left to right direction?

My brain almost blew up watching that video.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,796 Views)

I will take this even further off-topic. Try programming like this without your head exploding.

fp.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,781 Views)

@Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

@Samineni wrote:

Oh that is {self edited} UP! (edit)(edit)(edit) Do NOT do that (edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit) Again

PleaseSmiley Happy

The Moderator for these Formus has adjusted the content to connform with our don't say "(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)or (edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)" policy

Please feel free to say "(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)(edit)"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,760 Views)